The Facebook Scholarship
For a limited time, we're offering full-tuition scholarships to attend our Full-Stack Java Bootcamp. The 12-week, full-time bootcamp is an opportunity for anyone passionate about tech to break into a life-changing career as an Entry-Level Full Stack Java Developer. These scholarships are funded entirely by Facebook thanks their Community Boost program and are limited in number. Please note that this scholarship is only awarded to those who are accepted to our Full-Stack Java cohort, not our .Net/C# cohort.
What Will I Learn?
Full Stack Java Engineering Cohort:
The Bootcamp Schedule
Before you start the programming bootcamp classroom sessions, you’ll complete severel hours of mandatory at-home learning and phone/web interviews. This work provides the foundation for the bootcamp lessons and covers fundamentals that all successful developers need to know.
Once you start classroom sessions, you’ll be on-site at Claim Academy (2119 Olive Street, in St Louis) Monday through Friday, 12 noon – 9 pm for 12 weeks starting May 12, which is Orientation Day. Students should be prepared to be at all sessions. THIS IS A FULL TIME, FULL IMMERSION PROGRAM. YOU CAN NOT CONTINUE ANY EMPLOYMENT DURING THE TRAINING.
The Ideal Student Would Have
- Dabbled before in coding on their own, whether through free online resources, a Claim Academy Free Workshop, or in a work/school environment
- The ability to be resourceful and figure things out on his/her own (students should utilize Google or other tools to solve problems before asking for assistance while problem solving)
- Some professional work experience in a corporate or entrepreneurial setting
- The ability to receive and give both positive and constructive feedback in a professional setting, work with a team of people of diverse backgrounds
- A growth mindset, great attitude and readiness to learn at lightning speed
- A passion for helping others in a collaborative environment
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and dive into solving a problem even if it’s “not your job”
- Any of these : High School Diploma, GED, Bachelors or Masters
- Flexibility to move to St. Louis, if not already living here
The Application Process
Applications for this program are now open
STEP 1: APPLY!
STEP 2: PREPARE
STEP 3: INTERVIEW
STEP 6: GET ACCEPTED!
Prepare and Pre-work: March 11 - April 7
Class Orientation Day: Saturday April 14
St Louis in Class Portions begins: April 16
Keep up with Claim Academy
Enter your email address below to get updates about our programs.